MODULAR EQUIPMENT RACKS
The Modular Equipment Racks (MER) is a lightweight, durable, standard 19″ equipment/instrumentation rack solution that meets and exceeds FAA airworthiness requirements.
- FAA 8110-3 Certification Available
- Lightweight & Cost Effective Design
- Rack Height, Width, and Depth Customizable
- Vibration/Shock Isolation Available
- Fully Enclosable
- Capable of housing up to 500 lbs of Equipment*
The MER is designed to attach directly to the aircraft seat tracks, allowing for quick installation and removal. The rack is manufactured from high strength aluminum alloy plates to optimize weight and meet or exceed FAA required emergency landing loading. Standard Line-Replaceable Unit (LRU) hole patterns are pre-drilled on both the front and back panels to accommodate all equipment sizes and shapes. Standard rack sizes range from 6U all the way up to 18U. The stackable design of the racks allow for the grouping of mission specific equipment into separate racks which can quickly be installed and removed based on mission profiles. A rack can be assembled or disassembled in less than 15 minutes, allowing for easy storage and shipping. The equipment racks can be shipped fully assembled and populated with equipment in a custom made pelican case. With keyboard and monitor customization available, the racks can easily be converted into a hybrid equipment rack/operator workstation.
* Maximum rack equipment weight dependent upon aircraft and equipment CG.
The FMS operator workstation (OWS) is a lightweight, single operator, dual monitor workstation that can be installed in various configuration on multiple platforms. The workstation is certifiable for installation in aircraft such as the ATR-42, DHC-8, and similar cabin sizes. Custom workstation installations are feasible in smaller aircraft with minor modifications and substantiation. The features of the OWS include:
- Lightweight aluminum sandwich panel construction
- Dual monitors up to 23.5″
- Sideboard with 17″ of Dzus rail for equipment mounting
- Constructed with FAA certifiable materials and processes
- Rated to FAA FARS 25.561 Emergency Landing Loads
- Dimensions: H 57″, W 26″, D 22″
- Custom equipment mounting and other options available
The Tactical Flight Station (TFS) is a dedicated workstation designed for aft cabin control of an onboard EO/IR sensor system on a Bell 407 helicopter. Utilizing the TFS, the Tactical Flight Officer can direct day and night imaging missions resulting in reduced task saturation of the crew during critical phases of a mission. The TFS attaches to the existing seat mounts of the aft facing seat, requiring no OEM modification. The TFS can be swapped out with the LH aft facing seat in less than 15 minutes, maintaining maximum passenger flight configurations. Features include:
- Dual Adjustable HD Monitors
- Standard 19″ LRU Mounting
- Customizable front mounting plate for non 19″ equipment
For pricing and ordering, please email email@example.com.